Carl Sagan: 'The Universe is nothing but a dream of the god, who after a 100 Brahma years...' -- YouTube
Dr. Jai Maharaj
2018-01-29 23:28:24 UTC
Forwarded post:

Carl Sagan Cosmos A Special Edition: "The Universe is
nothing but a dream of the god, who after a 100 Brahma
years dissolves himself into a dreamless sleep, Universe
dissolves with him untill after another Brahma Century he
recomposes himself and dreams himself into another lotus
dream."

YouTube

End of forwarded post.

Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti

http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
tooly
2018-01-30 12:40:07 UTC
Post by Dr. Jai Maharaj
Carl Sagan Cosmos A Special Edition: "The Universe is
nothing but a dream of the god, who after a 100 Brahma
years dissolves himself into a dreamless sleep, Universe
dissolves with him untill after another Brahma Century he
recomposes himself and dreams himself into another lotus
dream."
YouTube
http://youtu.be/dAJml5doJZQ
End of forwarded post.
Jai Maharaj, Jyotishi
Om Shanti
http://bit.do/jaimaharaj
one way we [our brains] might be able to comprehend the gargantuan is through symbols. For example, With simple algebra, we collapse uncountable numbers into 'relationships'...

Finding the 'relationships' we see around us might be some insight into 'forever' or even 'infinity'? Birth and death; sleep and awake; exist and not exist...ying yang...

One problem with the 'unclosed universe' model is still, where did "THIS" universe come from?

Question: if 'certainty' is an impossibility, then what is the philosophically best balance between skepticism and belief? Too many who 'believe' speak as if they KNOW; and too many who are skeptic, annihilate those who 'want' to believe [with their cynicism, which probably carries greater intellectual clout, and thusly impactful influence]. Sagan had pretty good balance [it appears]...but I think he forgets one thing that few have the superlative brain that he carried [or the social investment to the mind he carried]. What does one say to the brick layer or ditch digger? There are far more humans tending the fields and production lines than those who are allowed to witness the cosmos like to acknowledge; those who get to see ONLY their own cave of dark, dank, privation.

God had a function. It gave EVERY single human being a real 'relationship' with this universe that provided the same enthralling uptick that that scientist gets when he discovers something new.

I argue that GOD [or the gods] are necessary in fact, to a growing INTELLIGENCE [in that cosmos; wherever it might sprout]...that it not go off kilter and destroy itself. Meaning is important; a positive meaning; and more...that relationship [and ours amongst ourselves].

But how does a growing intelligence entertain such thought? Again, only way I"ve seen [in this modern era] is through the relationship [not the literalness of gargantuan concepts]. But Whoa...wow...it's a minefield of charlatans out there ready to sell you snake oil; oh well...just make sure the snake oil one buys really does cure the common cold, ha [do the job]. I still say that Christianity works [but you gotta get past the dogma; but then again, my own brand of snake oil probably].