How is it that busking can be made illegal when it's free speech?
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-02-11 19:23:44 UTC
How is it that busking can be made illegal when it's free speech?
Singing is a political statement and the same as reading in public which
politicians do openly around town to groups of people inside outside and
on the side walk. Should we roust and arrest politicians for
expressing their political views on the sidewalk and in the town square?
I'd be ok with that latter.
Busking is illegal because, in their opinion (I don't agree) it is begging for money.
I considered that someone would call it "COMMERCE" and my though on that
is that there is no contract the singing happens money or NOT, the way
to handle it is to make it illegal to give money to people busking, NOT
to infringe on free speech. Like the police arrest the Jon's for giving
money to the Prostitutes. The same issues arise when they say arresting
the woman prostitute is arresting the victim. The Busker's aren't the
criminals using their RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH by singing, so it must be the
people paying those Busker's who are treating them as the music prostitutes.

Busking isn't Commerce it's charity to a cause and it's completely
optional, so if you believe they're *Smelly Street Urchins* then you can
walk by NOT respond the same as when you walk by a smelly construction
crew tearing up the side walks. The difference being that taxes forced
you to pay a living wage to the crew fixing the side walk. No one forces
you to acknowledge that a busker is even there.

Or you could view the Busker's as charity since they don't demand
payment, and they don't take in enough to make any kind of a successful
living from it. On youtube someone called them smelly street urchins.
But I'm sure it was affectionately.

I just can't see how the sixties HIPPIES grew up to become Liberal
Fascists like they have?
--
That's Karma

If an illegal alien kills someone in a drunk driving auto crash in a
Sanctuary City, is it illegal "manslaughter" or is it just an
Undocumented funeral?
#BeamMeUpScotty
2018-02-12 15:54:52 UTC
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
[...]
Construction crews are, generally, private. They are paid the prevailing wage. Would you change that?
The point being that people in the way ON THE SIDEWALK is NOT a big deal
and you can more easily ignore the Busker's than the work crews and you
can't decide to NOT support the work crews.

Downtown in most cities is too busy for cars and should have the
streets blocked off where the businesses and walk paths are so busy that
they consider banning Busking. Ban the cars before banning the Busking.
Free Speech is far more important than someone having to walk to their
destination.

The cities could make it so all the inner city streets that need to be
free of car traffic are open for pick-up and deliveries from 6:00AM up
until 11:00AM and then when lunch begins and bars open and sidewalks
fill they can cordon off the streets for the tourists and Busker's and
drunken fools to walk around safely.

And FREE SPEECH would prevail.
Post by #BeamMeUpScotty
Or you could view the Busker's as charity since they don't demand
payment, and they don't take in enough to make any kind of a successful
living from it. On youtube someone called them smelly street urchins.
But I'm sure it was affectionately.
I just can't see how the sixties HIPPIES grew up to become Liberal
Fascists like they have?
We didn't. Sadly, the 80s neocons rule the world.
Are you too old to be voting? I would think all the 1960's
singer/songwriters would be out protesting the banning of what they
themselves did in the 1960's with all the Anti-war Anti-Vietnam
Anti-Nixon songs that they did, Dillon and "Country Joe" and Tom Paxton.
They all became songs that were spread through the busking. Sure some
of them ran off to Canada but there are still others that agree with
them that are here. I can't say I was personally Anti-war as I said in
the Iraq war "don't do it" but if you do, don't stop until they are
begging us to allow them to surrender. But I like to think I have the
right to speak out against a war and singing out against it as well. It
is freedom of speech.

What about "Hanoi Jane" NOT a peep out of her about restricting freedom
of speech on campus or in the town square and sidewalks. These are the
1960's Fascists, their own industry under siege where they can't go and
recite a sonnet on a street or sing some lyrics, and they accept it as
if they wanted it, because they do. The Left have become Fascists.

NO more town Troubadour to tell the stories and play a tune to the
injustices, I tell you it's fascism. Even the Kings seem to have
allowed it or at least Liberal media romanticize that it was relevant in
history.

That's why it's so odd that Liberals suddenly join forces with Fascists
and/or became the fascists and are banning the subway players and the
side walk players. Liberals are delusional and believe that kind of shit
where they romanticize the people singing about injustice, and then when
it's an injustice against their own delusion, they do nothing. They're
too busy being manipulated and crying for Hillary. It's pitiful what
Liberalism is today, too bad there aren't still some good Busker's that
will write songs about the disgrace of the Democrats and their collapse
into Fascism. Without some good self deprecation and reflection,
Liberalism is on a path to self destruction.

How would the blues have ever been spread if it wasn't for Busker's who
played what normal establishments wouldn't allow to be played in their
nightclubs and restaurants. The Busker's and outcasts created new
styles of music. And the Fascist Liberals running the cities today are
banning them and isolating them to keep them out of the way of cars and
businesses and voters.

It's politicians displacing their detractors.

It's the limiting of free speech.
--
That's Karma

*Rumination*
166 - *What we have here, is a failure to communicate*
-Cool Hand Luke-