For those who consider words some interpersonl miracle
oldernow
2024-05-01 11:28:49 UTC
A little while ago I expressed to my wife some frustration
that we've a rehearsal with a bass player at 11:00am this
morning for an upcoming performance. But when we made
that commitment, we didn't know that our swimming pool
installation was going to get pushed up. And the electrical
to its motorized filter will be done today, and I want to
get right on completing the filling-with-water process so
that the filter can be used, to avoid the water going bad
in a way requiring "shock"... but now that rehearsal is in
the way, and bringing the pool filter into a working state
will require a bunch of sweat-producing work... and I've
already been putting off a shower to address other matters
that seemingly fell from the sky, and all I was trying to
express was some wonderings about whether we might become
better at leaving spaces in our schedule for things that
will fall from the sky, but all she heard was criticism of
her for having schedule the rehearsal when she did.. and
that led to increased frustration for having to explain to
her that's not what I was trying to say, and of course that
didn't go very well *either*, and so now what I really want
to do is slam the guitar through the sliding glass door,
because of *course* I didn't set out to create discord.

So, all you Word Believers, why did words fail
"me"? Are you ready to see how isolated points of view
make minced meat of what we want to believe is something
miraculous about words, so that if there's to be a lasting
interpersonal solution, it *has* to be something that is
fundamentally other than word-based?
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
2024-05-01 18:42:55 UTC
Post by oldernow
[...]
You clearly need a secretary! When it comes to words, remember that your
wife is a woman and when they are excited no words will come through.
Better to say nothing and just "absorb" the energy and once she is calm
and rational, then you can start to talk.

This is my strategy at least and for me, and my woman, it does tend to
work more often than not.

While we're at it... why not learn from the buddha... have you reached the
point where your possesions own you, instead of you owning your
possesions? ;)
oldernow
2024-05-02 11:06:36 UTC
Post by D
Post by oldernow
[...]
You lost me on that last part.... ;-)
Post by D
then you can start to talk.
This is my strategy at least and for me, and my woman,
it does tend to work more often than not.
You bring new meaning to the words "lottery odds". ;-)
Post by D
While we're at it... why not learn from the buddha... have
you reached the point where your possesions own you,
instead of you owning your possesions? ;)
This "you" won't be happy or unhappy unto there's no longer
a "you" to be happy or unhappy.

And "she" won't be yappy or unyappy unto there's no longer
a "she" to be yappy or unyappy. :-)
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
2024-05-03 20:03:04 UTC
Post by oldernow
Post by D
You clearly need a secretary! When it comes to words,
remember that your wife is a woman and when they are
excited no words will come through. Better to say nothing
and just "absorb" the energy and once she is calm and
rational,
You lost me on that last part.... ;-)
True... could that ever happen? ;)
Post by oldernow
Post by D
then you can start to talk.
This is my strategy at least and for me, and my woman,
it does tend to work more often than not.
You bring new meaning to the words "lottery odds". ;-)
;)
Ahhh.... the philosophy of yappiness!
oldernow
2024-05-04 11:17:00 UTC
Post by D
Post by oldernow
Post by D
You clearly need a secretary! When it comes to words,
remember that your wife is a woman and when they are
excited no words will come through. Better to say nothing
and just "absorb" the energy and once she is calm and
rational,
You lost me on that last part.... ;-)
True... could that ever happen? ;)
Lost is my default state, so it almost always happens.
Post by D
Post by oldernow
Post by D
While we're at it... why not learn from the buddha... have
you reached the point where your possesions own you,
instead of you owning your possesions? ;)
This "you" won't be happy or unhappy unto there's no longer
a "you" to be happy or unhappy.
And "she" won't be yappy or unyappy unto there's no longer
a "she" to be yappy or unyappy. :-)
Ahhh.... the philosophy of yappiness!
Oh, gosh danged! I forgot to mention I was identifying
female when I wrote that!
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
2024-05-05 10:39:19 UTC
Post by oldernow
Post by D
Post by oldernow
This "you" won't be happy or unhappy unto there's no longer
a "you" to be happy or unhappy.
And "she" won't be yappy or unyappy unto there's no longer
a "she" to be yappy or unyappy. :-)
Ahhh.... the philosophy of yappiness!
Oh, gosh danged! I forgot to mention I was identifying
female when I wrote that!
White or black? Without that information I cannot judge if what you're
saying is good or bad. ;)
oldernow
2024-05-05 14:32:41 UTC
Post by D
Post by oldernow
Post by D
Post by oldernow
This "you" won't be happy or unhappy unto there's no longer
a "you" to be happy or unhappy.
And "she" won't be yappy or unyappy unto there's no longer
a "she" to be yappy or unyappy. :-)
Ahhh.... the philosophy of yappiness!
Oh, gosh danged! I forgot to mention I was identifying
female when I wrote that!
White or black? Without that information I cannot judge
if what you're saying is good or bad. ;)
<eyes darting side to side while rubbing hands together
to a sly grin>

Muahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahuahua!
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com