Truth by way of censorship and/or canceling
oldernow
2024-05-04 14:17:23 UTC
Doncha just love when those who talk the most about wanting
truth are most likely to censor and/or reputation-ally
cancel others so that they and those of similar view of
reality don't have to be exposed to anything other than
what agrees with what they already believe?

And I ain't taking no sides, here. Looks like something
fundamentalists do regardless their reality view.

It comes to mind because my "oldernow" Gemini
gemlog is clearly being quietly ignored by "Antenna"
(gemini://warmedal.se/~antenna/), no doubt for occasionally
making fun of liberal fundamentalists in the past.

Sure, I could work around that with another gemlog hosting
account, but why disturb someone's carefully honed peace,
never mind circumvent their mechanism of saving cohorts
from possibly experiencing alternate reality views.

Oh well....
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
2024-05-05 10:43:38 UTC
Post by oldernow
Doncha just love when those who talk the most about wanting
truth are most likely to censor and/or reputation-ally
cancel others so that they and those of similar view of
reality don't have to be exposed to anything other than
what agrees with what they already believe?
And I ain't taking no sides, here. Looks like something
fundamentalists do regardless their reality view.
It comes to mind because my "oldernow" Gemini
gemlog is clearly being quietly ignored by "Antenna"
(gemini://warmedal.se/~antenna/), no doubt for occasionally
making fun of liberal fundamentalists in the past.
Sure, I could work around that with another gemlog hosting
account, but why disturb someone's carefully honed peace,
never mind circumvent their mechanism of saving cohorts
from possibly experiencing alternate reality views.
Oh well....
I think the solution is probably a dose of net-hating! ;) Speaking of
ideological battles, I'm currently watching the NBC documentary Life,
Liberty and the pursuit of New Hampshire.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGE3I9evF9H8SdlfJsAkDg8ALsM4cG0En

Very interesting to see the real life clashes between libertarians,
republicans and democrats!
oldernow
2024-05-05 14:33:36 UTC
Speaking of ideological battles, I'm currently watching
the NBC documentary Life, Liberty and the pursuit of
New Hampshire.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGE3I9evF9H8SdlfJsAkDg8ALsM4cG0En
Very interesting to see the real life clashes between
libertarians, republicans and democrats!
Synopsis please! :-)
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
2024-05-05 18:59:08 UTC
Post by oldernow
Speaking of ideological battles, I'm currently watching
the NBC documentary Life, Liberty and the pursuit of
New Hampshire.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGE3I9evF9H8SdlfJsAkDg8ALsM4cG0En
Very interesting to see the real life clashes between
libertarians, republicans and democrats!
Synopsis please! :-)
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 1: The Manifesto.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 2: Porcfest.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 3: The Move.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 4: Secession.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 5: Croydon.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 6: Croydon, Part 2.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 7: The Impact.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 8: The Free Town.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 9: NH Primaries.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 10: The Crypto Six.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 11: The Pursuit of New Hampshire.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 12: The Crypto Six Part 2.mkv
Life Liberty and the Pursuit of New Hampshire - Episode 13: 20 Years of Liberty.mkv

Just diving into various topics and subjects interviewing the
libertarians, republicans and democrats to see how they think about
various libertarian ideas and initiatives.
oldernow
2024-05-06 00:38:44 UTC
Post by D
Post by oldernow
Synopsis please! :-)
Just diving into various topics and subjects interviewing
the libertarians, republicans and democrats to see how
they think about various libertarian ideas and initiatives.
So many labels, so little time!
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com
2024-05-06 09:05:22 UTC
Post by oldernow
Post by D
Synopsis please! :-)
Very much true!
oldernow
2024-05-06 10:54:11 UTC
Post by D
Post by oldernow
Post by D
Just diving into various topics and subjects interviewing
the libertarians, republicans and democrats to see how
they think about various libertarian ideas and initiatives.
So many labels, so little time!
Very much true!
I mean at the expense of time to discuss actual
idea/initiative inherent merits/demerits, and then
actual implementation upon agreement. Far too much goes
into the ridiculous meta-labeling, i.e. whether or
not an idea/initiative "is" Libertarian, Republican,
or Democratic. I think that's a main component of my
disinterest in politics: it keeps making ideas/initiatives
subservient to such labels a higher priority than the
ideas/initiatives themselves.
--
oldernow
xyz001 at nym.hush.com